Rockville Elementary - Kindergarten Screening
Rockville Kindergarten Screening
Thursday, July 23rd
Friday, July 24th
Click here to print Kindergarten screening forms. Forms need to be returned as soon as possible.
You can scan any screening forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for returning your kindergarten enrollment forms! The times, and appointments will depend on CDC and health department recommendations. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to make sure you have all documentation that we will need to complete the enrollment process. These documents include: birth certificate, immunization records, and a health assessment form (physical). Also, click here for more information on kindergarten readiness in Kansas. I look forward to meeting you and your son/ daughter and welcoming you to our Rockville family!!
- During the screening process, the following skills will be checked:
- Name recognition and know date of birthday
- Writing name with one upper and the rest lower case letters
- Tying shoes
- Zipping coats
- Know numbers 1-10, counting one-to-one
- Letter identification and letter sound.
- Check fine motor items like - proper pencil grip , scissor skills, and squeezing a glue bottle.
- How much sleep do children need? https://www.bestmattresses.com/sleep-help-children-parents/
The following booklet will explain skills needed and the importance of timing to help your child's chances of becoming a successful learner.