Saying "NO" to acting out, defiance & violence in our schools
Why do Students Get in Trouble?
- They don't know any better
- Need: Information
- They test limits
- Need: Consistency
Students with Chronic Problems
- A "chronic kid" is the student who doesn't just get in trouble, they don't stop getting into trouble.
- When identifying students with chronic behavior, severity of behavior has less impact than frequency of behavior
Students with Chronic Problems are Missing These Skills
- They cannot experience an uncomfortable or overwhelming feeling without getting into trouble.
- They cannot be OK if someone around them is not OK.
- They cannot do something when they don't want to.