LMS School day is 8:00 - 3:05
Students arriving early to LMS will be allowed to enter the building at 7:30am, and will report to the auditorium.
LMS Calendar Events:
- Please be aware that the front door at LMS is locked. The front door to the office area will be remotely unlocked by staff after visible contact is made with front office personnel. This is one more step to provide a safe environment for our students and staff.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to take other students home with them on the bus. Due to losing 2 routes, the buses are unable to take extra riders. Thank you.
- Parents may bring outside food for their own student only. This is due to state and federal nutritional guidelines and numerous food allergies, as stated on page 5 of the LMS Handbook. Please click on the link on our main page for access to our 2016-17 Handbook.
May 10: Library Field Trip
May 11: Wildcat Reading Team celebration
May 18: LMS Musical Teaser at 1:00 pm for students
LMS Musical at LHS 7:00 pm
May 20: LHS Graduation
May 22: 6th grade field trip
7th grade field trip
LMS Academic awards 7:00 pm in the LHS auditorium
May 23: 8th grade field trip
May 24: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL Dismissal at 11:15 am
May 30-June 2: Session 1 Summer Band
June 5-9: Session 2 Summer Band
June 12-16: Session 3 Summer Band
July 10-14: 5th & 6th grade Volleyball Camp 8:30-10 @ LHS
7th & 8th grade Volleyball Camp 10:30-12:30 pm @ LHS
August 3: Open enrollment at LMS 8 am-3 pm (for RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY). REMINDER...separate payments are paid at each school table if enrolling in multiple schools. If paying for bus transportation, that is separate as well.
August 8: NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT (by appointment). Please contact LMS Office at 913-837-1800 to schedule appointments.
ALICE information regarding LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES: ALICE
* LMS News:
- LMS discourages outside food being brought into the school. If you bring in food from a restaurant for a special event, we ask that students eat in one of the office conference rooms. Outside food may not be taken out of the school office area.
- Lunch money received by the office after 10:00am will be posted to the next school day. Please remind your student to turn in any monies prior to the first bell. Students with a negative balance will not be able to purchase water.
Physical pre-participation forms for sports must be done on or after May 1st for the following school year. Please remember that all students must complete the 2017-18 Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation prior to try-outs or practices for all school athletic events.