LMS School day is 8:00 - 3:05
Students arriving early to LMS will be allowed to enter the building at 7:30am, and will report to the auditorium.
LMS Calendar Events:
- Please be aware that the front door at LMS is locked. The front door to the office area will be remotely unlocked by staff after visible contact is made with front office personnel. This is one more step to provide a safe environment for our students and staff.
- As a reminder, students are not allowed to take other students home with them on the bus. Due to losing 2 routes, the buses are unable to take extra riders. Thank you.
- Parents may bring outside food for their own student only. This is due to state and federal nutritional guidelines and numerous food allergies, as stated on page 5 of the LMS Handbook. Please click on the link on our main page for access to our 2016-17 Handbook.
August 3: Open enrollment at LMS 8 am-3 pm (for RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY). REMINDER...separate payments are paid at each school table if enrolling in multiple schools. If paying for food service and/or bus transportation, those are separate as well.
August 7: Fall sports parent meeting 6:30 pm in auditorium
August 8: NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT (by appointment). Please contact LMS Office at 913-837-1800 to schedule appointments.
August 14: LOAD YOUR LOCKER! Building open 5-6 pm for students and parents
5-5:30: 6th grade parent meeting in auditorium
5:30-6: 7th grade parent meeting in auditorium
6-6:30: 8th grade parent meeting in auditorium
August 16: First day of school for 6th grade
August 17: First day of school for 7th and 8th grades
ALICE information regarding LOCKDOWN PROCEDURES: ALICE
* LMS News:
- LMS discourages outside food being brought into the school. If you bring in food from a restaurant for a special event, we ask that students eat in one of the office conference rooms. Outside food may not be taken out of the school office area.
- Lunch money received by the office after 10:00 am will be posted to the next school day. Please remind your student to turn in any monies prior to the first bell. Students with a negative balance will not be able to purchase water.
Physical pre-participation forms for sports must be done on or after May 1st for the following school year. Please remember that all students must complete a 2017-18 Physical prior to try-outs or practices for all school athletic events.