Rockville Elementary - Kindergarten Screening
April 12-13, 2018
Rockville Kindergarten Screening will be held
To reserve a spot for your child to be screened for Kindergarten fill out the screening form and return it to Rockville Elementary. Forms need to be returned by Friday, March 2, 2018.
- During the screening process, the following skills will be checked:
- Name recognition and know date of birthday
- Writing name with one upper and the rest lower case letters
- Tying shoes
- Zipping coats
- Know numbers 1-10, counting one-to-one
- Letter identification and letter sound.
- Check fine motor items like - proper pencil grip , scissor skills, and squeezing a glue bottle.
- How much sleep do children need? https://www.bestmattresses.com/sleep-help-children-parents/
The following booklet will explain skills needed and the importance of timing to help your child's chances of becoming a successful learner.